Phase 1 Rape Crisis Survivor
- Immediate and on-going counselling.
- Immediate rapid HIV testing.
- Provision of a rape care pack
- Facilitate access to prophylaxis medication.
- Assistance with legal procedure.
- Facilitate medical examination.
- Follow-up of the case.
Phase 2 Rape Crisis rural expansion
- To promote the training and upgrading of services to rape survivors in rural areas
- To increase the knowledge of women’s rights in rural areas
- To network and lobby to promote better forensic, legal and policing assistance for GBV
- To support and work in conjunction with the local hospital crisis centre.
Sites where training has been completed:
- Ixopo (Christ King)
- Appelsbosch (St Apollinaires)
- Northdale – Pietermaritzburg East
Sites where training is still in progress
- Edendale (Pietermartizburg West)
- Madadeni (Newcastle)